Jeandré Marinier South African Artist – From Abstract Art To Realism
I was born and raised in Pretoria. My family moved down to the Cape in 1981. I studied Fine Art at the Cape Technikon . My principal subject was Printing methods such as etching, lithography and screen printing. I also did photography and ceramics and obtained my diploma in 1985.
I moved to France where I married a Frenchman, and worked as a PA in an Multinational Industrial Company. I enjoyed time with my husband and kids.
Then in 2010 came the wake up call. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and three operations later, I realized that I had been given a second chance in life and decided to do what I have always wanted to do. . . That is, CREATE and learn oil paint techniques.
On the road to recovery, I took Art Therapy Classes at first, then Oil Painting lessons for two and a half years, followed by oil and ink techniques. After 27 years in France, I moved back to Hermanus, South Africa. I brought my paintings, canvases etc. and I paint every day.
‘We say that life is short, you can have your life changed that day, everything can be destroyed in a second. Do not waste time. Have a bucket list and just do it’.
On arrival in Hermanus:
– I joined the Hermanus Art Circle in July 2013
– Offered weekly Art classes and Workshops for adults
– Designed the New Harbour Wall Painting done with Hermanus Art school students
– Designed for the Art Shop Court Yard painting (in Mitchell street) done with Hermanus Art school students
– Teaching art (practical), with Vivienne Mitchley (Theory) at the Hermanus Youth Art Centre from Grade 7 to Grade 12
– In collaboration with three artists we opened The Art Gallery
Available Paintings for Sale (Medium – Oil on Canvas)
Jeandré Marinier Exhibitions
– I participated in three art exhibitions in France in 2011 and 2012
– Participated in the Kalfiefees art exhibition in August 2013, 2014 and 2015, 2016
– Exhibition at the Arabella Hotel with 4 local artists 11-13 October 2013
– Exhibited at the Hermanus Country market on Saturday mornings
– Solo Exhibition at the Windsor Hotel in April 2015
– Exhibition at Summaridge Wine Estate August 2016
– Exhibition at Benguela Cove Wine Estate August 2016